Wednesday, September 07, 2005

typhoon day off

So last Tuesday (two days ago), there was a typhoon. It was a decent sized one, but for those that were present last year, nothing like hei-nen's #16. This one was number 14.

I was supposed to go to Gokane Shoogakou, but after calling them and finding out my classes had been cancelled (perhaps since they didn't want to drive to my house and back and with those winds there was no way I was biking), I had my vacation day after all.

Turns out the next day, my JTE asked me why I had not come into school, saying she had left a message. There was a message, although it was one of those 'just hung up as the answering machine picked up' type.

The words of the day today are:
to play hookey - Risa wasn't there so the reply as to why was 学校をサボる.
phat - the only small, easily pronounciable word that starts with ph other than physical (or phenomenon)

No comments: