Thursday, September 15, 2005

Takamatsu; The Awakening

So I returned to Takamatsu last night, only this time with a completely different itinerary: Meeting up with Tetsunori for some English conversation, and then dinner with Shiho. Turns out the latter didn't happen since she couldn't get off work early enough and both of us were a little tired, but I still boarded the Berry for the chat with Testu.

Regardless, afterwards I did some walking around to find out where some of the famed places in Takamatsu actually are so that next time I could be somewhat helpful in finding them again. I did take some pictures.

I also found GoD. Yes, this was the name of the place. It was a classic gambling 3 player mahjong style parlour. It was sweet. It was over $100 dollars a game and the table fee per hour, so in other words, holy frijoles! No wonder Japanese people always give me a pretty cautious staredown when I say I like 三人打ちマージョン or 3 player mahjong. It is seriously expensive to play for real in mahjong parlours.

Here is a great little dive. Doesn't really make one think of Cancun.


Here's the classic Punch Drunkard. I wonder if this place is ever full though seeing it's out of the way location somewhat.


Here's a snack bar that I have no intentions of ever going into, but the name was really intriguing.


Ah, the one, the only, the Cludy. I wonder what the club Brilliant is like and if it's anything like Cludy.


Ah, it's not quite a bar, it is really a store full of chairs that resemble C cups multiplied by 10 that you can sit in. Jenglish error at its best.


And last but not least, a great shot of the main hotel at dusk in Takamatsu. I took a lot of these type pictures with the hopes of finding one that turned out pleasing to eye, and this one was it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

re: Jenglish. I always thought the correct term was Engrish.