Sunday, September 11, 2005

30 minutes late

So I forgot I had to return some movies that were going to be late, and then forgot some other things in my apartment, such that I was about 30 minutes late to school today. Remember that I have absolutely zero classes on Monday. It turns out that the VP came over to me and gave me a quick little talk about how I should be here at 8:30am, and the next time this happens, nenkyu or paid leave will be taken out.

Surprising, considering I'm not trying to beat the system. I think it was more done because there has to be some sort of face maintained by the VP to give the impression that these things are unacceptable. Regardless, I was a little phased by it, and decided to retaliate by making the word of the day: pointless, or 無意味な (むいみな).

Things are going well in Tamano as of late. My apartment has become extremely clean and tidy and is a far cry from the pig-sty of a bachelor pad of yesteryear. I figured out how to hook up my stereo to my TV so I watched an action movie last night through the stereo, and when the first bus blew up, it totally caught me by surprise. Wow. When the movie was over, I restarted it just before the bus blew up again to experience it again. Fantastic.

Friday night was Tamano's first organized party in awhile I believe. It was without a doubt the most people I have ever seen congregated in our apartments; upwards of about a dozen people came. After preparing a huge dinner (my portion being a very healthy salad with tomatos, avocados, cucumbers, eggplant and mustard chicken on the side to add yourself as you please), which quite frankly took too long since by the time it was ready at nearly 9:30 or 10pm and was not very readily consumed since everybody was a little bit full from previous beverages to eat a huge meal of what was salad, sushi, curry, and rice, we headed on the Berry for Takamatsu.

No comments: