Wednesday, September 21, 2005

The night is ending...

As I had said before, it was very cold on top of the mountain from about midnight to 5am. So cold in fact, that my 6 layers (an undershirt, two t-shirts, a long-sleeved shirt, a fleece, and my jacket) were not enough and I was still cold. Luckily I was not the only person cold.

After climbing to the top and securing a seat, I realized that nobody had followed me and I had in fact lost the group. I began wandering alone. I finally ran into an equally worried and lost Wendy, and together we were able to reunite the climbing clan and create a 円陣 or huddle, as seen below (picture taken at 4:38am in the morning by a Japanese hiker):



Next up are going to be a whole slew of photos which I took while the sun was rising. This was a good 40 minute period where I was basically just snapping every minute or so. I took over 200 pictures, and over a 100 where in this period of time, so that averages about 2 a minute. Mount Fuji - High Exposure! Although, during this time period, I never checked the quality of the pictures, so less than a fourth of them actually turned out good. But that's the advantage of a digital camera: I had over 500 pictures available to shoot anyways, so who cares.


No comments: