Monday, September 12, 2005

Fuji is coming

Also, to start the hype: I will be hiking Fuji again this year, and the date is this upcoming weekend. Let's hope there isn't a flash blizzard like there was last year and that it is 晴れ (springtime weather) the entire time we're climbing, not just after we're done wondering what sort of white storm we hiked through to see the top of Fuji pristine and cloudless. Boy was that frustrating.

This year I will be in charge of a new feature for the Okayama Fuji Climb: The night hike. The intention is to climb starting at 10pm through the night for sunrise on the summit. This is the true way to experience Fuji, seeing the red sun rise over Japan. Somehow I have been listed as an "experienced" climber. I think this is more just to quell the fears of others who have not climbed Fuji yet.

Regardless, I will take pictures and as promised, post a teaser or two here, and the rest of the beauty on my photosite website. This website is linked to the "My Web Page" link in my profile, so it's easy to get there (there being npallaver.photosite.com).

No comments: