Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Udon Eating Ryokou

Only in Japan would you actually go somewhere to take a "eating tour". In this case, it was Masa n friends all piling into his sweet spring-break-esque van (seats six, four seats in the back facing each other instead of all facing the front), and headed on the ferry to Takamatsu to go on an Udon eating fest. I thought this was actually going to be a Masa and foreign friends ordeal, but quickly realized that I was the token foreigner, and everybody else was Japanese (Masa, Chie, Miwa, Tsugo, and Maddo). Oh well. The next series of long posts will involve pictures and descriptions of the entire day (and it was an all-day long trip). I tried to take pictures of all the food, but inevitably forgot one or two.


In order from left to right: Chie, Miwa, Tsugo, and Maddo.


And Masa from very up close. He is mid-30's, used to live in Tamano but now lives in the city. I met him in Ibara during the all day concert festival I went to (will post a picture of that below). He's pretty wild, knows a pretty good deal of English, and says the craziest things in both English and Japan. Basically, a really really cool friend to have and good person to know. The concert (picture taken at night), started at about 1pm and ended at somewhere around 8pm I think. This is a neat shot I thought. Fun times. I actually ended up going with Chie, who is in the above picture, and below in front of Masa's massive van.


Here's a picture of Masa's pimping ride. These wheels would have been uber fantastic for string break.

No comments: