Sunday, October 30, 2005

A new week

Although it is Monday and interesting things happened this weekend, I still have to finish my Takamatsu udon post, so that's first. Before I continue though, I must admit to an error previously: Shrine in romaji is Jinja, not Shinja. Apologies for all you checking my Japanese/English (Jez and Claire).

So after the 2nd place, we made a brief pitstop to see Kampira Temple near Kotohira station. This temple is to revere the God of the Sea, and is well known (I just asked a teacher how to read the kanji for the station, and he asked me if I went to see Kampira Temple!).


Then it was finally off to what ended up my last udon meal, a place in the middle of the countryside with a small sign advertising it. I thought we were going to somebody's ranch almost...


Walking in, here's what you would see waiting in line to pay. Same exact options on the menu as the 2nd udon shop.


A picture of my lovely meal (but thankfully the last udon meal of the day). I decided that it would be wise to put how much money it costs on the tray so when I took a picture it would be easy to remember how much it was; Smart thinking! So, how much you ask? That's 320yen, or roughly a little under three dollars.


Last but not least, a view from the car after exiting the shop, proving that yes, we were well outside of the city. But this udon shop was listed in the book of tasty udon shops in Kagawa Prefecture!

No comments: