Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Japan on my jitensha

So Katy, Ben's Mom, asked me a good question: Where have you been on Japan on your bike? Well, I sat down with a map, and drew out approximately the areas I have been with colored lines. The big routes of interest are:
Red line - 8 day summer trip, 1200km.
Purple line - 4 day return from Kumamoto last golden week, 550km.
Brown line - 4 day recent Oita charity ride trip, 550km.
Brown line - 1 day 225km ball-buster from Tamano to Osaka.
Red lines - CJ's area, unknown how many km, but 4 days, think that's approximately right. He'd know better.
Blue line - 3 day weekend, local trip to Tottori, 400km.
Light blue line - Weekend trip to play soccer on Awajishima, 250km.
Green/Gray line - Kobe, recontracting weekend trip with CJ, 2.5 days, maybe 300km?
Brown - Kasaoka, one day ride for a soccer tournament, loop near Fukuyama, 130km.
Don't remember the approximate distance of that one.
Numerous trips from Tamano to Okayama City.
Other frequently visited areas are Bizen (60km 1 way) and Kurashiki.


And that's all she wrote. I am over 13,500km, or over 8,400miles. My goal for the year is 18,000km, but that will take some serious riding, over 1000km each month actually. Below is a route showing all the temples, numbered, in Shikoku that I will visit during golden week for the temple ride, thus covering a fair bit of ground (most previously uncovered in Shikoku).

2 comments:

Katy said...

That is truly amazing. I think you will live forever. The map puts it all in prospective for me.

Katy said...

woops
*perspective