Sunday, December 04, 2005

Thanksgiving

I organized a Thanksgiving feast in Tamano this past weekend. There were supposed to be 50 people, but only 40 showed, so there was as expected LOTS of extra food. I took home two whole turkeys (8 13lb'ers total made). A large statistical error on food amount, so will have lots of turkey for the next couple of months, but it's all in the freezer, so no big deal!

Took some pictures, but was really busy running around the kitchen, but felt amazingly at home. Slept all day Sunday since I was thoroughly exhausted. Pretty busy today at school but with my own list of things to do.

I will hopefully get some better pictures from friends and put them up. I will also scour other people's blogs and post their thoughts on this so I don't have to write as much. On another day I'll go through the day in more detail, but for now, it was a world of fun and a huge learning experience (never have I organized such a large event before).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so ticked I missed it... I heard it was really really good food! I always get colds at the worst times! -betsy-

okyan said...

Hello!!
Thank you coming my blog.
Wow!! You live Okayama,near my prefecture!!! You've come my place,I saw
photos in here!!! Guess where do I live...
And,I wonder where are you from??