Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Haado Gei

So I was in elementary school awhile back when during school lunch (給食) I had a student ask me, "Niiru (pronounced nee-roo) sensei (teacher), Haado Gei, do you know?"

My response of I had not heard of him prompted some students to demonstrate his signature move: putting his hands on his head and gyrating his hips, thrusting into the air.

So Haado Gei, or Hard Gay, is a comedian here in Japan who portrays and stereotypes homosexuals. He is well-known amongst adults and children since for some reason despite the heavy sexual content of his humor and shows, he still airs on family shows and normal times.

Here is a picture of him as well as a link to an article written about him:


Greg, a JET in Champclair (the "mansion" or apartment building in the shi (Okayama City) where most of the city JETs live), came dressed to the halloween party as Hard Gay. An interesting costume choice, indeed.

1 comment:

okyan said...

Hi!!
haha...Is he famous in your coworker??
Actually,he is quitw clever... He had graduation from quite distinguished university.
I love comedy. So,I know him before he became HARD GAY...

P.S. I could give you some information what nice cafes in Kagawa or something,if you need...
Please,ask me!!
And,I wonder...are you American???